Philips DreamWear Nasal Mask with Updated Headgear
The DreamWear nasal mask for CPAP therapy for obstructive sleep apnea is a uniquely designed under the nose mask, a hybrid of nasal pillows and a traditional nasal mask. The DreamWear nasal CPAP mask has several unusual features intended to keep your line of sight clear, allow freedom of movement and enhance comfort.
The updated headgear with arms enhance the mask’s stability and prevent slipping during the night. The revised DreamWear mask with arms retains all the innovation from the original version. A soft silicone frame and over the head elbow connection keep vision unobstructed and permit varied sleeping positions. The modular design of the DreamWear permits using different mask types. The ability to quickly convert from a nasal cushion to nasal pillows provides the CPAP user with the affordable flexibility to find the best option for their optimal sleep therapy. The variety of sizes provided makes it the best option to start your therapy.
- Under the nose cushioning prevents marks, discomfort, and irritation
- A soft silicone frame that also functions as tubing for air delivery
- An elbow connection to the CPAP hose located on the headgear
Minimal Facial Contact:
The pillow type cushion on the DreamWear nasal mask closes around the bottom of the nares like a traditional nasal CPAP mask but does not fit inside the nares like most nasal pillows. The under the nose design leaves the bridge of the nose and the nostrils untouched. This design keeps your field of vision clear, accommodates glasses, and allows you to easily read or watch television as you drift off to sleep. Under the nose cushioning also prevents red marks and skin irritation.
Soft, Flexible Frame:
The soft silicone mask frame rests gently along the sides of your face and moves with you as you move in your sleep. The flow from the CPAP machine travels through the frame to the mask’s cushion. Since there are no hard-plastic pieces, sleeping comfortably on your side is possible once the mask is properly fitted. Fabric wraps are included in the Fit Pack and can be placed on the silicone frame if you prefer the feel of cloth.
Elbow connection on the head:
The hose to the CPAP machine connects to an elbow on top of the headgear, sending flow through the silicone frame to the cushion under the nose. Most CPAP machines connect to the front of the mask at the cushion. This design keeps the CPAP tubing behind you and out of your way all night long.
Arms for exceptional mask fit and seal
The revised DreamWear headgear incorporates eyeglass like arms on the headgear. The arms connect to the silicone frame, curve back above the ear, and attach to the back of the head strap. The curvature of the eyeglass arms helps reduce mask and headgear slippage, letting you sleep soundly without a need to readjust during the night. Philips Respironics studied prior users of the DreamWear and found that wearers reported more satisfaction, better quality sleep, more mask stability, and greater comfort with the updated design.
The Philips Respironics DreamWear mask may be a good choice for your sleep apnea therapy if:
- You like to watch TV or read with your mask on before falling asleep
- You need to wear glasses and your mask at the same time
- You prefer to sleep on your side or are an active sleeper during the night
- You do not like your CPAP equipment to get in your way as you fall asleep
- You prefer having most of your face free from CPAP equipment
- You breathe mostly through your nose at night
Size Selection (frame and cushion):
The Philips Respironics DreamWear Nasal Mask comes in three frame sizes (small, medium, and large) and the nasal cushions come in four sizes (small, medium, medium-large and large).
Careful sizing of both the nasal cushions and the frame is essential to attain the full benefits of all the unique features this mask offers.
The cushion size is determined by the length and width of your nose. Philips Respironics has a helpful size guide to select the best cushion size for your face. Simply print the guide out and place it under your nose. Four sizes of cushions are included in the Fit Pack so you can quickly evaluate which size is best for you. This is particularly helpful if you are between sizes with the size guide. T
he medium frame included in the DreamWear Fit Pack will fit most people but if there are leaks or frustrations with tightness despite having the right size nasal cushion, you may need a smaller or larger frame.
To get the best fit:
- First, hold the nasal cushion under the nose.
- Next, position the elbow connector at the top of the head.
- Pull the headgear behind the head.
- Adjust the fit evenly with both tabs on the headgear.
Included in the Multiple Cushions FitPack (1116700):
- Medium silicone frame
- Four cushions: small, medium, medium wide, and large
- Two cloth frame wraps
- Elbow connector to CPAP tubing
Included in the Multiple Cushions and Frames FitPack (1142376):
- Small and Medium frames
- Small and Medium cushions
- Mask elbow
DreamWear Nasal CPAP replacement parts are also available for:
- Frame wraps
- Elbow Connector
- Cushion: Silicone Polycarbonate
- Frame: Silicone Polycarbonate
- Elbow: Polycarbonate
- Tubing Quick Release: Polycarbonate
- Headgear: Polyurethane Foam, nylon/Spandex
- Fabric Wraps: Polyester/Spandex