Respironics DreamWisp Nasal CPAP Mask
DreamWisp Minimal Contact Nasal Mask
The Philips Respironics DreamWisp nasal CPAP mask with its unique head tube design for sleep apnea unites the most sought-after features of the popular DreamWear and Wisp masks also made by Philips Respironics. The DreamWisp minimal contact nasal mask is an over-the-nose style mask that provides the stability of a traditional triangular-style nasal CPAP mask with a compact cushion usually only found in nasal pillows. Sporting all the best features of the DreamWear and Wisp, the DreamWisp nasal CPAP mask keeps your line of sight clear, allows freedom of movement, and enhances your comfort all night long.
• Minimal contact nasal mask
• A soft silicone frame that also functions as tubing for air delivery
• An elbow connection to the CPAP hose located on the headgear
• Sleep in any position
• Hose connection is on top of the head
Designed to just barely fit over the nose:
Using the same technology as the original Wisp nose cushion, the DreamWisp cushion perches just on the tip of the nose. A unique auto-seal groove allows the cushion to seal as well as a traditional nasal CPAP mask without the bulk. Since the DreamWisp cushion provides a stable seal, it is compatible with higher CPAP settings than many nasal pillows can work well with. The cushion sits below the nostrils and not in them like nasal pillows: As a result, there is no nostril discomfort. The tiny DreamWisp mask has minimal contact with your face which keeps your vision unobstructed. You can enjoy wearing your glasses, reading, or watching TV before bed.
Soft, Flexible Frame:
The soft silicone mask frame adapted from the DreamWear mask rests gently along the sides of your face and moves with you as you move in your sleep. The flow from the CPAP machine travels through the frame to the mask’s cushion. Since there are no hard plastic pieces, sleeping comfortably on your side or stomach is possible once the mask is properly fitted. Fabric sleeves are available to place on the silicone frame to create an even softer interface between the mask and the face if desired.
Elbow connection on the head:
The hose to the CPAP machine connects to a swiveling elbow on top of the headgear, sending flow through the silicone frame to the cushion under the nose. Unlike most other CPAP machines, which connect to a port on the front of the mask, the DreamWisp mask keeps the CPAP tubing completely behind you and out of your way all night long. One of the mask’s exhalation ports is also located on the elbow, reducing noise and minimizing exhaust near the face.
Quickly take on and off:
Magnetic clips hold the cushion to the flexible frame and a quick release on the elbow makes connecting and disconnecting simple.
The DreamWisp may be a great choice for you if:
- You like the stability of a traditional nasal mask but prefer the size of nasal pillows
- You like to watch TV or read with your mask on before falling asleep
- You need to wear glasses and your mask at the same time
- You like to sleep on your side or stomach
- You breathe mostly through your nose at night
The DreamWisp FitPack includes 3 sizes of cushions (small, medium, and large) so that you can find the best fit for you at home. Petite and extra-large cushions are also available. The best mask for you is the smallest one that extends beyond the edges of your nose without obstructing the nostrils. The mask should sit anywhere between the bridge of your nose and the top of your nose.
Since the cushion sits closer to your nose than any other mask you may have used, you may notice a different airflow sensation. Upsize the mask if you feel you are not getting enough airflow.
The frame included in the DreamWisp Fit Pack includes a medium frame connector and will fit most people but if there are leaks or frustrations with tightness despite having the right size nasal cushion, you may need a smaller or larger connector.
The silicone frame should not lean back toward your ears. If it does, you may need a small-size frame connector. The silicone frame should not fall forward toward your eyes. If it does you may need a large-size frame connector.
Tips to get the most comfortable seal and fit
Reseating the DreamWisp cushion is often the best way to seal a leak. To reseat the mask, gently lift it off your face, then reapply it. This allows the mask to reshape itself and form a fresh seal specific to your current position.
- Take some time to set up and customize the DreamWisp to you before your first night wearing it.
- Put it on initially while sitting up.
- Next turn on your CPAP machine, lay down, and assess for leaks. Reseat the mask before adjusting straps to resolve leaks.
- Finally, turn side to side and assess for other leaks. Again, reseat the mask cushion before adjusting the straps.
- Unhook one side of the frame, and pull the mask forward and off your head. It will now be quick and easy to slip it on when you are ready for bed.
- Avoid the temptation to over-tighten the headgear. Over-tightening will not only cause mask discomfort and interfere with your sleep, but it can also make leaks worse.
Remember: If you are not bothered by the leak and your CPAP machine is not emitting an alarm, the leak is acceptable and will not hinder your healthy night’s rest.
Included in the DreamWisp FitPack Package
- 3 sizes of DreamWisp nasal cushions (S, M, L)
- Silicone Frame
- Medium frame connector
- Elbow Swivel Connector
- Magnetic Headgear Clips
- DreamWisp nasal cushions (P, S, M, L. & XL)
- Silicone Frame
- Frame connector (S, M, L)
- Elbow Swivel Connector
- Magnetic Headgear Clips
- DreamWisp Fabric Wraps for the frame
- Cushion: Silicone Polycarbonate
- Frame: Silicone Polycarbonate
- Elbow: Polycarbonate
- Tubing Quick Release: Polycarbonate
- Headgear: Polyurethane Foam, nylon/Spandex
- Fabric Wraps: Polyester/Spandex
Clip: Magnet (Beware with pacemakers, read IFU before use)
CPAPMAN CPAP Mask Review
The Philips Respironics DreamWisp Nasal CPAP Mask is a highly-rated mask for those with sleep apnea. The unique design features a top-of-the-head tube and minimal contact nasal cushion, allowing for a clear field of vision and easy movement during the night. The 4-point headgear is lightweight and stable, providing a comfortable fit for a variety of face shapes and sizes. The in-frame airflow system enhances comfort, and the reduced contact nasal cushions add to the mask's overall comfort. Users have reported that the mask is very comfortable to wear, and that they feel more rested after using it. Additionally, the mask is easy to clean, with the option to wash it in a dishwasher once a week in addition to daily hand washing.
Overall, the Philips Respironics DreamWisp Nasal CPAP Mask is a highly recommended option for those with sleep apnea who are looking for a comfortable, effective, and easy-to-use mask.
DreamWisp Nasal Mask FitPack:
- DreamWisp Nasal Mask
- Cushions: S, M, L
DreamWisp mask in the selected size
- Petite, Small, Medium, Large, or Extra Large cushion with Medium Connector
How much is the shipping fee ?