V-Com™ CPAP Comfort Accessory by SleepRes
The V-Com is a revolutionary CPAP accessory by SleepRes designed to make breathing on a CPAP more comfortable without compromising therapy effectiveness. It reduces inspiratory pressure and flow, improving comfort for CPAP users to help encourage compliance. Setting up the V-Com in your CPAP circuit is as easy as inserting it between your CPAP hose and mask. The V-Com is compatible with all CPAP masks and tubing with 22mm diameter connectors.
Who Can Use the V-Com?
The V-Com is designed for all CPAP or BIPAP users whether they are new to therapy or veterans who are trying to adjust to a new prescription. Starting therapy with V-Com helps you adjust easier and sets you up for success.
There are no time constraints when using the V-Com. Feel free to use the V-Com for as long as you need to feel comfortable with therapy. When you're ready, simply remove the V-Com from the CPAP circuit and store it with your other CPAP supplies so it can be ready to use the next time your prescription changes. Since using the V-Com does not affect the efficacy of your therapy, you can always opt to leave it in the circuit.
- Enhance initial CPAP tolerance by reducing inspiratory pressure, providing comfort without compromising treatment efficacy
- Reduced air flow noise, leaks, and discomfort
- Instantly feel comfortable with your OSA treatment device
- Compatible with all CPAP/BIPAP machines
What does the V-Com actually do within the circuit?
The V-Com is designed to soften the peak inspiratory flow that is often troublesome to new CPAP users, enhancing compliance and comfort.
Do you need a prescription for the V-Com?
The V-Com does not require a prescription.
How long will I need to use the V-Com?
How long you use V-Com is completely up to you. Use the V-Com for as long as you need to make your CPAP or BIPAP therapy more comfortable.
How often do I need to replace the V-Com device if I decide to use it long term?
The V-Com should be replaced every three months.
Where is the V-Com device placed in the positive airway pressure (PAP) circuit?
The V-Com should be placed between the hose and the mask.
How to Use the V-Com
- Confirm your CPAP/BIPAP machine is turned off.
- Remove the V-Com from the package and attach one end of it to your CPAP hose and the other end to your CPAP mask.
- Verify that all attachments are secure before turning on your CPAP/BIPAP machine.
- Put on your mask, turn on your machine, lay down, and get a good night's sleep.
- Clean your V-Com after each use or every 24 hours according to the instructions provided.
- If you plan to use the V-Com long term, it should be replaced every three months, similar to hoses and masks.
- Wash the V-Com with soap (e.g., liquid dish soap) and water, inserting a small, bristled brush in both ends of the V-Com to penetrate and clean the complete airflow path.
- Twist the brush several times.
- Rinse with clean water and let air dry.
- Inspect for any damage or residue. If seen, clean again or replace.
Resistance to flow:
- 0.3 cmH2O @ 20 Lpm
- 0.6 cmH2O @ 30 Lpm
- 1.1 cmH2O @ 40 Lpm
- 1.7 cmH2O @ 50 Lpm
Volume: 18 mL
Weight: 9 grams
1 x V-Com CPAP Comfort Accessory