A sleep therapy mask with a custom-fit
The ComfortGel Blue Nasal Mask by Philips Respironics is a traditional triangular nasal CPAP mask decked out with features intended to sculpt it to fit everyone regardless of facial size or facial shape. Philips Respironics designed the ComfortGel Blue mask to be a universal nasal CPAP mask. Philips Respironics created it to be a mask for everyone, including people who have not been able to wear nasal CPAP style masks without excessive air leaks or discomfort in the past.
The Philips Respironics Comfort Gel Blue Nasal Mask is an enhanced update to the original ComfortGel Nasal Mask.
- Squishy blue gel nasal mask has a dual-layer cushion that conforms to your face to create a good seal.
- Premium forehead pad prevents red marks and improves fit.
- A built-in stability selector tool allows you to find the perfect angle for the mask on your face.
- Ball and socket headgear makes it simple to take the mask off and on.
- A “silent” exhalation port quietly directs air up and away from you and your bed partner.
- The System One Resistance Control rating allows Philips Respironics CPAP machines to work particularly well with the ComfortGel Blue mask.
The ComfortGel Blue mask uses a dual-layer cushion design. A squishy blue gel cushion nests inside a thin, malleable silicone Comfort Flap cushion. The two cushions work together to establish a custom seal to your face. The interior gel cushion provides additional stability to keep the proper adjustment on your face. The interlocking cushions come apart easily to simplify cleaning.
Personalized fit at critical pressure points:
A built-in stability selector tool at the top of the mask allows you to fine-tune mask fit at critical pressure points. Without proper positioning, nasal masks tend to leak around the bridge of the nose, at the eyes, below the nose or near the lip. Over tightening the headgear to correct for leaks in these key areas results in discomfort, skin irritation, and can even create other leaks. By simply squeezing the arms of the stability selector, you can move the support arm down to seal leaks around the bridge of your nose or your eyes. To seal leaks below the nose or near the lip, move the stability support arm to a higher position, then simply squeeze the arms on the stability selector and slide up to move the bottom edge of the mask closer to your face.
The premium silicone forehead pad keeps the mask comfortably anchored and your skin irritation-free at that important pressure point. The forehead pad should sit lightly on your face.
Easy on and easy off:
Headgear is an important contributor to mask fit, comfort and overall ease of use. The headgear with the Comfort Gel Blue nasal mask simplifies getting the mask on and off due to a ball and socket design. The headgear clicks into place with Quick Clip technology that makes the need to thread the headgear through small holes on the sides of the masks a thing of the past. When removing headgear, just unhook one side and pull the headgear up and off your head. The next night just slip it back on and click back in place. Very little adjustments will be needed from night to night.
Four EZ Peel tabs on the headgear also simplify fine-tuning mask fit. The EZ Peel tabs are located at four key points on the top and bottom straps of the headgear to allow quick adjustments once the mask is in place.
Quality of life enhancements for you and those around you:
Angled exhalation micro ports located in the center of the mask direct exhaled air up and away instead of into your face or the face of anyone sleeping with you. The micro port design also quiets the system. Dual 360- degree swivel connectors keep the tubing moving seamlessly with you in your sleep.
Philips Respironics System One Resistance Control Ready:
The ComfortGel Blue Nasal mask will work well with any CPAP machine but is designed for optimal compatibility with Philips Respironics CPAP machines. Users enter the code stamped on the bottom of the mask into their Philips Respironics CPAP machine and the machine then knows precisely how to best adjust to the mask in use.
This mask was designed to be a nasal CPAP mask for almost anybody, but it may be a particularly worthwhile one to consider if:
- You want to wear a standard shaped triangular nasal CPAP mask but have not found one that fits just right.
- You want to avoid red marks, discomfort, and irritation.
- You want a mask that goes on and off with ease and requires little adjustment night after night.
- You breathe mostly through your nose at night.
A custom-fit begins with selecting the right size for you.
CPAP masks are not one size fits all. The best size for you in one type of mask may not be the best size for you in another style of mask or brand of mask. Sizing guides are available to select the optimal size mask for your face.
Once properly sized and adjusted, the right size mask will not leak too much, will not move around too easily, and will also not push too hard on your skin or get in the way of your field of vision.
ComfortGel Blue Nasal Mask Size Selection:
Four cushion sizes are available for the Philips Respironics ComfortGel Blue mask (Petite, Small, Medium, & Large). Determine your perfect size by placing the Philips Respironics ComfortGel Blue nasal mask side guide against your face. The nasal cushion should rest to the sides of the nostrils, below the nostrils and at the bridge of the nose.
The optimal size cushion is the smallest one that extends just beyond the edges of the nose and nostrils. This gap between the cushion and the edges of your nose and nostrils places the cushion on flatter facial surfaces for a better, more consistent seal.
ComfortGel Blue Nasal Headgear Adjustment:
Headgear holds the mask in place to your face. Proper adjustment personalizes the mask fit. The included headgear with the ComfortGel Blue mask comes in one size. The headgear should fit across the top of the head and along the bottom of the neck.
If the headgear is too long in the back, roll the bottom of the headgear over or under to get a better fit. This small tweak can be enormously important to your overall comfort and success with mask fit.
Fine-tuning for your successful night’s sleep:
Set aside a few minutes to fine-tune the mask to your face prior to your first night wearing it.
To get started:
- Loosen the headgear at all four EZ Peel Tab locations.
- Squeeze the stability selector at the top of the mask and slide the arm up, placing the forehead pad in the highest position.
- Disconnect one Quick Clip.
- Sit up on the side of the bed or in a chair.
- Place the mask on your face then pull the headgear on and attach the Quick Clip.
- Slowly and equally tighten the two headgear straps on the top of your head so that the forehead pad presses LIGHTLY against the center of your forehead.
- Slowly and equally tighten the two headgear straps on the bottom until the mask is gently pressing on your face.
- Keep the headgear flat against the back of your head.
- Connect the mask to the hose from the CPAP machine.
- Lie down in bed.
- Tighten or loosen the upper headgear straps until the forehead pad is pressing LIGHTLY on the center of your forehead.
- Tighten or loosen the bottom headgear straps until the mask is snug but not too tight on your face.
Final tweaks for leaks:
- Turn your CPAP machine on and turn your head side to side.
- Identify any areas of excessive leaking.
- Reseat the mask by gently lifting it off your face and then returning it.
- Often reseating alone will resolve problems by allowing the cushion to conform to your face better.
- If leaks persist, use the Stability Selector tool:
- For leaks around the bridge of the nose or into the eyes: Move the stability support arm to a lower position, squeeze the arms on the stability selector and slide it down to move mask closer to your face to seal the leak.
- For leaks below the nose or near the lip: Move the stability support arm to a higher position, squeeze the arms on the stability selector and slide it up to move the bottom edge of the mask closer to your face.
- With each adjustment, you may find it necessary to reseat the mask by lifting it slightly up off your face and then placing it back down. This allows the gel to realign.
- If leaks are still present, apply pressure with your fingers to the mask in the leak’s location. If this eliminates the leak, tighten the headgear strap that is closest to the leak.
DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN. Some leaks are ok. If you are not bothered by the leak and your machine is emitting an alarm, it is not necessary to completely seal it off.
Always try reseating the mask first, especially if all was well and then changed after motion or activity. Avoid adjusting headgear as a first response to troubleshooting leaks.
- Mask and headgear are included in the package
- A DuoPack is also available if you wish to receive two cushions of the same size with your mask purchase
Available Replacement Parts:
- ComfortGel Blue Cushion and Silicone Comfort Flap
- ComfortGel Blue Cushion (without Silicone Comfort Flap)
- Ball and Socket Quick Clips
- Premium Forehead Pad
- Cushion: Urethane Gel, Latex Free
- Forehead Pad: Silicone, Latex Free
- Mask Frame: Polycarbonate
- Headgear: Urethane Foam (semi-elastic), Lycra
- Comfort Flap: Silicone
- Nasal Mask Frame
- Forehead Support and Pad
- Premium Standard Headgear - 1033678
- Nasal Mask Cushion and Flap (1070108, 1070107, 1070106, 1070105)
- Comfort Series Ball-And-Socket Swivel Clip - 2/pkg (1009723)