Eson Nasal Mask by Fisher and Paykel
The Fisher Paykel Eson Nasal CPAP Mask is a traditionally shaped nasal mask for sleep apnea, with a triangular cushion that rests over the nose and Ergofit headgear that provides a stable fit without a bulky forehead pad. The Eson mask is a very quiet mask to keep sleep easy for both the CPAP user and the bed partner. The RollFit seal and Ergofit headgear harmonize with the mask’s frame to deliver auto-adjusting comfort without the need to tighten the mask excessively. A swiveling ball and socket connection to the CPAP tubing allows almost acrobatic movement during sleep.
RollFit seal auto corrects to resolve leaks
The adaptable and effective engineering of RollFit technology minimizes the need to over tighten the headgear, which can cause skin breakdown and discomfort. The mask gently rocks back and forth at the bridge of the nose as you move. A ridge built into the sides of the cushion discourages over tightening. The cushion also has strategically located thickened and thinned sections to enhance comfort and support. By automatically adapting the angle of the mask, the RollFit design seals any significant gaps and reduces pressure on the bridge of the nose.
Ergofit headgear provides security without a forehead pad
The RollFit cushion, headgear, and frame of the Eson nasal mask work in harmony to provide stability for effective CPAP delivery and auto-adjusting comfort. The frame has a stabilizing bar typical of many nasal masks that comes up between the eyes. In many masks, this bar ends with a forehead pad in the center of the forehead. The Eson eliminates the forehead pad. The Ergofit headgear retains the forehead strap flat across the forehead and adds a crown strap across the top of the head instead. The Ergofit headgear is rather thick compared to most headgear. The thickness lends support in the absence of a forehead pad. Six points of headgear adjustment allow a personalized fit for performance and security.
Move more, sleep better
A built-in ball and socket elbow connection from the frame to the CPAP machine hose has lots of play in it to accommodate movement without loss of seal. The elbow swivels 360 degrees, so it can even be placed upside down to position the tubing up and over the head. Lateral spaces along the sides of the mask let the user sink deeper into the pillow. A cloth diffuser on the frame quiets exhaled air flow and reduces draft, letting the user and the sleeping partner get a great night’s rest. The mask can be used safely without the diffuser as well should it get lost at an inopportune time.
The Fisher Paykel Eson nasal mask may be great for you if:
- You are looking for a quieter mask.
- You move around a lot.
- You do not like a tight-fitting mask.
- You breathe mostly through your nose.
Sizing and Fitting
Selecting the right size mask and headgear is critical to your comfort and satisfaction with any sleep apnea mask. Overtightening any mask can make leaks worse. Thanks to the components of the RollFit seal, the Eson is intended to feel looser than many masks. Users should be able to pull the mask gently away from the face to reseal the cushion without removing the headgear. A sizing guide is available here.
The best size cushion for the Eson nasal mask for you rests around your nose and not on it. The Eson silicone seals (cushions) are available in three sizes (small, medium, and large). Headgear is available in two sizes (small and med/large). Small headgear comes with the small mask, and med/large headgear comes with the medium and large masks.
- Select a cushion size that sits on your upper lip without occluding your mouth or your nostrils.
- The tip of the triangular cushion should be just above the tip of the nose and not near or in your eyes.
- The forehead strap on the headgear should cross the forehead horizontally and sit just above your ears.
Over the head fitting
- Stretch the headgear with one hand.
- Lightly place the mask over the nose with the other hand.
- Place the headgear over the head.
- Adjust the mask into a good position over the nose.
- Clip the headgear into place.
- Adjust the top Velcro straps across the forehead to keep the cushion stable against the bridge of the nose.
- Adjust the Velcro straps on the side of the head under the ears.
Crown strap instructions
On first use, adjust the crown strap until it feels secure across the top of the head. The crown strap does not require adjustment for subsequent uses.
Tips to resolve leaks
- Overtightening headgear can make leaks worse, cause discomfort, red marks, and skin irritation.
- In many cases, if the mask is leaking, compression wrinkles in the cushion are to blame. Lifting the cushion off the face a time or two and letting it resettle generally smooths out these compression wrinkles.
- Consider changing the size of the cushions or headgear if you need to tighten the headgear excessively. Cushions and headgear are sold separately if a CPAP wearer needs to upsize or downsize.
|Warranty||90 Day Manufacturers Warranty|
- Mask with Rollfit Nasal Seal
- Ergo Headgear
- 5 x Diffuser Filters
- Mask Frame: Polycarbonate
- Cushion: Silicone seal, acrylic shell
- Headgear: Polyurethane foam laminate, Lycra