For a limited time only get the AirFit F30 Multi-Pack, this pack comes with: 3 cushions (1 with the mask, and two extra cushions of the same size). The multi-pack is available in small and medium. This is the same price as buying one cushion so buy the multi-pack while supplies last!
AirFit F30 Full Face Mask – ResMed
The AirFit F30 is an ultra-compact full face mask for CPAP and BiPAP. Unlike a typical full face mask, the cushion on the AirFit F30 rests under the nostrils and over the mouth. The AirFit F30 bundles comfort, fit and seal into a quiet mask design that leaves much of the face untouched. The nose and the forehead are wide open, so glasses perch comfortably on the face, and vision is unobstructed. Magnetic clips and a quick release elbow finish off a feature set intended to make the AirFit F30 a high performing mask that is also simple to use.
- Minimal contact full face mask
- QuietAir vent technology
- Lightweight fit
Ultra-compact cushion reduces red marks
The ovoid-shaped cushion on the AirFit F30 rests lower on the face than the typical full face cushion. The top of the cushion cradles the nostrils and surrounds the entire mouth, landing on the chin. The over the mouth region of the cushion is broad and flexible enough to effectively fit a variety of facial shapes and sizes. The cushion design eliminates many common frustrations with full face masks, such as claustrophobia, leaks around the eyes, and pressure sores on the nose.
QuietAir elbow delivers peace and quiet at night
QuietAir vent technology crafted into the mask’s elbow keeps the AirFit F30 so quiet that you may wonder if your machine is on. Small, multidirectional ports are spread over a wide area to break up exhaled air. An anti-asphyxia valve in the elbow opens automatically if the delivered pressure drops, ensuring you experience safe sleep with a full face mask in place. The elbow design allows it to be removed for brief disconnections from therapy without the need to remove the entire mask and headgear. Five-point headgear secures the mask with a light fit The AirFit F30’s one size fits all headgear offers five points of adjustment, giving you a snug seal with a light fit. The lower straps secure the mask around the mouth and chin; upper straps lend leverage to the nasal cradle portion of the cushion. A crown strap provides a final point for fine-tuning fit. Quick-release magnetic clips hold the headgear to the cushion. Side sleeping is possible since the cushion and headgear are out of the way.
Sizing and fitting
ResMed’s AirFit F30 is available with either a small or a medium cushion. The horizontal measurement of the nose under the nostrils dictates size. A sizing guide is available here. If the width of the nose extends past the template margins, select the medium size over the small. The cushion fits around the nostrils; the nose should not be inside the cushion.
- Undo the magnetic clips on both sides of the cushion.
- Hold the cushion over the mouth and nose with one hand.
- Pull the headgear over the head with the other hand.
- Attach the lower straps to the magnets on the cushion.
- Adjust the lower straps for a snug but gentle fit around the mouth and chin.
- Adjust the upper straps for a snug but gentle fit around the bottom of the nose.
- Adjust the crown strap to fine-tune the fit.
- Connect the elbow to the mask along with the CPAP machine.
- Lie down and make final adjustments.
Adjusting for leaks
- Reseat the cushion by lifting it gently off the face with the headgear in place.
- Check for twisting in the headgear.
- Adjust the lower straps if the headgear is too low below the ears or if there are leaks around the mouth or chin.
- Adjust the upper straps if the headgear is too close to the ears or if there are leaks around the nose or upper lip.
- Check the elbow connection into the frame. An audible click indicates it is properly seated.
Avoid overtightening. Excessive tightening compresses the cushion and worsens leaks.
Care of the Mask
Recommended cleaning frequency
- Daily: frame, cushion, & elbow
- Weekly: headgear
- Soak in warm soapy water using a mild dish soap.
- Agitate the components in soapy water for at least one minute.
- Wash with a soft bristle brush.
- Rinse thoroughly in clean water.
- Squeeze the headgear to remove excess water.
- All parts should be air dried out of direct sunlight.
Important: Do not clean with products containing alcohol, scents, antibacterial agents, antiseptics, bleach, chlorine, or moisturizers. Do not soak any parts for more than 10 minutes.
- Cushion:Silicone elastomer and polycarbonate
- Elbow: Polyamide, silicone elastomer, polycarbonate, and polybutylene terephthalate
- Frame: Polyester elastomer, polycarbonate, nylon/elastane, and metal-plated magnet*
- Headgear: Nylon/elastane, polyurethane, and polyamide
- Headgear clips: Polycarbonate and metal-plated magnet*
*The lower headgear straps and the frame of the mask contain magnets. Ensure the headgear and frame are kept at least 2 inches away from any medical implant such as a pacemaker or defibrillator. Consult your healthcare provider before use.
Operating Range 3 to 30 cmH20
Are parts interchangeable between the AirFit F30, AirFit F10, and the AirFit F20?
No. Although some parts may appear to fit other masks in the AirFit family, the headgear, frame, and cushion from each model are engineered to work synergistically only with each other. Mixing and matching parts within the AirFit line of masks would be both frustrating and unsafe.
Does the AirFit F30 cushion block airflow to the nose?
No. The cushion does not occlude the nostrils. It cradles the nostrils. The bulk of air flow goes to the mouth, of course, but there are openings in the cushion that deliver air through the nostrils. If you feel that you are not getting enough air through the nose, consider sizing up the cushion size.
Final CPAPMan Comments
The AirFit F30 offers a very functional full face mask with a small profile. The cushion is quite soft and nicely blends attributes of a nasal cradle mask with the properties of a full face mask. The wide, oval cushion appears to do a good job fitting the various facial shapes and sizes of most people. The headgear is smooth and soft. If you are looking for a full face mask with many of the advantages of nasal pillows or under the nose masks, the AirFit F30 is a terrific mask to consider. Let CPAPman get one shipped out to you so that you can experience the ultra-compact fit and feel of the AirFit F30 full face mask!
|HCPCS Code||A7034, A7035|
|Material||Silicone Cushion / This product is NOT made with PVC or phthalates such as DEHP, DBP or BBP or Natural Latex Rubber|
|Dimensions||Mask fully assembled (H x W x D) 4.33" x 4.57" x 4.02" (110 mm x 116 mm x 102 mm)|
|Warranty||90 Days Manufacturer Defect|
INCLUDED WITH ITEM
- ResMed AirFit F30 frame
- ResMed AirFit F30 cushion
- ResMed AirFit F30 headgear
- ResMed AirFit F30 elbow