How Do I Know If I Need Home Oxygen?
Home oxygen is a medical treatment in which you receive supplemental oxygen at home to help you breathe better. It involves using a device called an oxygen concentrator, which removes nitrogen from the air and delivers concentrated oxygen to you through a mask or nasal cannula.The need for home oxygen is typically determined by a medical professional based on your medical history, physical examination, and oxygen saturation levels measured through a pulse oximeter or arterial blood gas analysis. However, there are some common signs and symptoms that may indicate a need for supplemental oxygen, including:
- Shortness of breath during rest or physical activity.
- Rapid breathing or an increased breathing rate.
- Fatigue or lethargy.
- Bluish or grayish tint to the skin or fingernails.
- Confusion or disorientation.
- Morning headache.
- Swelling in the legs or ankles.
- A persistent cough or wheezing.
Browse our oxygen concentrators and oxygen supplies here.