Spring Cleaning Tips for CPAP Users
Published on Wednesday 08 February, 2023
- Clean your CPAP equipment regularly: Disassemble your mask, tubing, and humidifier, and wash them with warm water and soap. Air dry before reassembling.
- Replace filters and cushions: Over time, filters can become clogged and cushions can wear out, leading to leaks. Replace them every 3-6 months.
- Store your equipment properly: Store your CPAP equipment in a clean, dry place when not in use to prevent dust and debris buildup.
- Disinfect your equipment: Consider using a CPAP cleaner or wiping down your equipment with a mild disinfectant.
- Schedule regular check-ups: Have your CPAP equipment checked by a professional every 6-12 months to make sure it is functioning properly.