Clear away lung secretions from the lungs comfortably and easily with the Philips Respironics CoughAssist T70. This easy-to-use device gradually applies positive air pressure into the airway and then rapidly shifts to negative air pressure. This results in a high expiratory flow that simulates a deep, natural cough. The CoughAssist T70 (model 1098160) clears tracheobronchial secretions without requiring a suction catheter in the airway. The device also provides complete monitoring for patients and their caregivers to aid in treatment.
CoughAssist T70 Features
- Non-Invasive Air Delivery for Less Risk and Greater Comfort – Air is delivered through face mask, mouthpiece or endotracheal or tracheotomy tube (with an adapter).
- DirectView Software for Clinical Reporting and Evaation for more effective therapy. Gives cough waveform data, short-term trends and usage patterns.
- Carrying Bag for Portability and Convenience – Can be carried on shoulder or secured to an electric wheelchair. Has space for additional battery, circuit and accessories.
- luation – Monitors peak cough flow, tidal volume and oxygen satur
- User-Friendly Interface – Push button controls and digital display; can set inhale and exhale pressures; manual and automatic modes.
- Various Power Options – AC, DC and detachable lithium-ion battery for greater flexibility; up to 4 treatments per charge.
- Cough-Trak Automatic Sensitivity – Triggering feature synchronizes device with user’s breathing pattern to enhance breath delivery and provide a more natural, comfortable treatment.
- Lightweight and Compact – Easy to transport; weight less than 9 pounds.
- Easy to Maneuver – Rolling stand holds CoughAssist or CoughAssist/Trilogy combo.
- Oximetry Accessory – Monitors oxygen saturation levels before and after treatment.
- Foot Pedal Accessory – Hands-free operation.
Default Settings and Specifications:
Maximum postive pressure 70 cm H20
Maximum negative pressure -70 cm H20
Triggering Cough-Trak on/off (not available in Manual mode)
Inspiratory time 0.0 to 5.0 sec (not available in Manual mode)
Pause Time 0.0 to 5.0 sec (not available in Manual mode or if Cough-Trak is enabled)
Inhale flow Low, medium, high
1. Left button allows you to select display options or perform certain actions specified on the screen.
2. Up/Down button allows you to navigate the display menu.
3. Right button allows you to select display options or perform certain actions specified on the screen.
4. Start/Stop button turns the device on or off.
5. Manual Switch activates the insufflation and exsufflation phases. Pressing switch to thr right (+) activates
insufflation phase. Pressing switch to the left (-) activates the exsufflation phase. The center position activates the pause
6. Breathing circuit connection connects your circuit to this connector on the device.
7. Display Screen allows you to view settings and sytem status information.
1. Fan exhaust air from inside the device is expelled her.
2. AC power inlet connects the AC power cord here.
3. Remote control connector connects the optional remote control accessory (foot pedal) here.
4. Connect a USB cable to this connector for service only.
5. SpO2 connector: If you are using the optional oximetry accessory, connect it here.
6. DC power inlet connects an external battery here using the Philips Respironics DC power cord.
7. Airpath outlet where air exits the device.
8. Airpath inlet where outside air enters the device. Insert the filter supplied with the device here.
9. Detachable battery slot inserts optional Lithium Ion detachable battery here.
10. Tubing retainer: Route the tubing and mask through this bracket for proper tubing management when the
device is not in use.
Return on warranty issues only
- Cough Assist T70
- SD Card
- Hose Clip
- Air Filter
- Patient Circuit
- Adult Mask
- Carrying Case
- AC Power Cord