IntelliPAP Serial (RS-232) Cable for Firmware Upgrade
If you have a new version of firmware for IntelliPAP machine, you need this serial/CPAP cable. One end connects to your PC, and the other end connects to your CPAP machine.
Note it is not compatible to Devilbiss IntelliPAP 2 machines.
- Computer Type: Pentium 300-megahertz (MHz) processor or faster
- Video adapter and monitor with Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher resolution
- Mouse: Serial or USB type
- Memory: Minimum recommended by operation system
- Serial Ports: RS232C compatible, 57600 baud (Note: USB to serial adapter can be used)
- Operating System:
- Microsoft Windows XP (Home or Professional)
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Windows 8
Firmware update instructions:
1. Click the "DV5xFirmware.exe" hyperlink located on the previous page and choose the option to run the file from its current location. After the download completes a WinZip Self-Extractor dialog will be displayed.
2. Connect the DV51, DV53, DV54, DV55, DV56 or DV57 CPAP to a free serial port with cable DV51D-615 and apply AC power to the CPAP device. If a DV5M SmartLink module or 9055A ABOB accessory is attached to the CPAP, be sure to remove before continuing.
3. Close your web browser and all other open applications.
4. Click the Self-Extractor "Setup" button to start the program. Note: No files will be permanently installed on your computer.
5. The Firmware Loader main screen will be displayed. The software will automatically search the computer serial ports for a supported CPAP device. If found, the "Connected CPAP Details" section will show information about the device.
6. Click the "Start" button to begin the firmware update. The progress bar and status messages will be updated as the firmware update proceeds. Wait for the update to complete before using your computer. Do not run any other applications during the update.
7. After completion the software shows the results on the screen (OK or Fail). If the update completed successfully you can close the program by clicking the "Exit" button. If the update fails press "Start" to try again.