Common Features of CPAP Machines
Published on Tuesday 14 February, 2023
Common features of CPAP machines include:
- Humidifiers: Many CPAP machines have built-in humidifiers that add moisture to the air, helping to prevent dryness and irritation in the nose and throat.
- Ramp settings: Ramp settings allow the pressure to gradually increase to the prescribed level over a set period of time, making it easier to fall asleep.
- Mask options: There are a variety of mask options available, including nasal masks, full-face masks, and nasal pillows, which are designed to fit comfortably over the nose and/or mouth.
- Pressure adjustments: CPAP machines typically allow for adjustments to the pressure setting to ensure that the prescribed pressure is being delivered.
- Data tracking: Many CPAP machines have built-in tracking capabilities to monitor usage and help patients and their healthcare providers adjust therapy as needed.