AirFit N20 For Her - Nasal Mask by ResMed
The AirFit N20 for Her is a version of the AirFit N20 nasal mask for CPAP with design features intended to appeal to and better fit the female user. Just like the standard AirFit N20, the AirFit N20 For Her is an over the nose style mask that incorporates 25 years of research, development, and learning. The ResMed development team knows that CPAP therapy for sleep apnea can help people sleep better, dream better, and function better during the day. The ResMed AirFit N20 was designed to encourage people to adhere to CPAP use at night by providing the ultimate comfort experience thanks to its state-of-the-art cushion, soft frame, and headgear. The AirFit N20 for Her mask is compatible with most brands of CPAP machines as well as with the ResMed AirMini portable CPAP machine for travel.
*MultiPacks Available While Supplies Last
- Plush headgear with purple accents
- Soft, flexible frame
- Cushion sizes tailored to female facial structures
Once sized correctly, the InfinitySeal cushion fits 99% of faces regardless of facial profile. The cushion has varying levels of padding on it so that it is perfectly soft on the bridge of the nose yet stable in regions of the nose that are apt to leak the most. The InfinitySeal cushion is also engineered with specially designed loops, making it highly adaptive at establishing a reliable seal with minimal leaks. The cushion for the AirFit N20 for Her is precisely contoured and sized for female facial features.
Attractive, soft and quiet
The headgear for the AirFit N20 for Her is plush and cozy with pleasant purple accents. The headgear is sized to fit the dimensions of the female head optimally. The AirFit N20 for Her uses the same soft, flexible frame as the standard AirFit N20. The mostly cloth frame contains a socket for the nasal cushion and attaches to the headgear at four points so everything touching your face and head is smooth and gentle. The frame has a crossbar across the cushion socket to further stabilize the mask and prevent air leaks. A diffuser built into the elbow allows exhaled air to escape quietly while you and your partner sleep undisturbed. The AirFit N20 for Her is quite compact on the face, leaving vision unobstructed. You can wear your glasses and enjoy reading and watching TV as you drift off to sleep.
No rules fit
Setting up some CPAP masks the first time by yourself can be a bit tricky, but ResMed designed the AirFit N20 to go on with a minimum of fuss. The intuitively designed interface slips readily over your head while you hold the cushion over your nose. Magnets clip the headgear easily onto the frame. The headgear crosses above and below the ears and circles the back of the head, leaving most of the rear of the head and the entire forehead free from obstruction. Once the frame and headgear are clipped together, the lower and upper straps may require slight adjustment before you hook up to your machine.
- You have had trouble finding a mask that fits your narrower female face.
- Facial comfort is important to you.
- You like to wear glasses, read or watch TV before you fall asleep.
- You breathe mostly through your nose.
Sizing and fittingCushion size
Selecting the right size mask and headgear is critical to your comfort and satisfaction with any sleep apnea mask. Please print out the available size guide and place it under your nose to determine the best size for you.
The best cushion for you should surround your nose, rather than resting on it. The AirFit N10 mask comes with a small cushion designed for most female faces. The included cushion can be replaced with any size cushion sold for the regular AirFit N10 mask. Select a cushion size that sits on your upper lip without occluding your mouth or your nostrils. The tip of the cushion should be just at the tip of the nose and not near or in your eyes.
The AirFit N10 for Her includes small headgear. Standard size headgear and large size headgear are sold separately.
- Orient the headgear so that the ResMed logo is facing out and upright.
- Disconnect the lower straps and hold the cushion over the nose.
- Slide the headgear up and over your head.
- Bring the lower strips under the ears and attach them with the magnetic clips to the frame.
- Adjust the upper straps first, tightening them until the mask sits comfortably over the nose.
- Adjust the lower straps next, tightening them until the mask feels stable.
- Connect to your CPAP machine and turn it on.
- Make additional small adjustments to the cushion and headgear to remove creases and torque.
- Leaks often resolve by merely reseating the mask. To reseat the mask, lift it gently off your face then lower it back down onto your face.
- Prevent cushion creases by always starting with the mask held in the proper position against your nose. If the cushion slides down during fitting, it may crimp in places, creating gaps that cause leaks. To resolve creases, try pinching the mask. If pinching does not solve the problem, remove the mask entirely, and start the fitting process over.
- Clean the cushion. Dirt, oil, and makeup can hinder the cushion from forming the best seal.
- Over-tightening headgear can make leaks worse, cause discomfort, red marks, and skin irritation.
*The lower straps stabilize the mask and should require minimal tension.
- Consider changing sizes of the cushions or headgear if you need to tighten the headgear excessively.
- Check for leaks.
- Check the diffusion ports on the elbow for blockage. Clean with a soft bristle brush.
- Check for proper mask assembly.
Care of the maskRecommended cleaning frequency:
- Daily: cushion, elbow and short tube
- Weekly: headgear and frame
- Wash in warm soapy water using a mild dish soap.
- Use a soft bristle brush on the small vent holes on the elbow.
- Rinse in clean water.
- All parts should be air dried out of direct sunlight.
Important: Do not clean with products containing alcohol, scents, antibacterial agents, antiseptics, bleach, chlorine, or moisturizers. Do not soak any parts more than 10 minutes.
In the package
- Small cushion for the AirFit N20
- Small headgear with magnetic clips for the AirFit N20
- Assembly kit with the flexible frame, short tubing, and elbow for the AirFit N20
- Headgear for the AirFit N20
- Cushions for the AirFit N20
- Assembly kit for the AirFit N20
- Cushion Assembly: Silicone Elastomer and Polycarbonate
- Elbow Assembly: Polypropylene, Thermoplastic Elastomer, Talc Filled Polypropylene
- Frame Assembly: Polypropylene, Polycarbonate, Nylon/Elastane, Polyurethane Foam, and Metal Plated Magnet
- Headgear: Nylon/Elastane and Polyurethane Foam
- Headgear Clip: Polycarbonate and Metal Plated Magnet
- Short Tube: Polypropylene, Thermoplastic Elastomer, Polycarbonate, and Polyester
Caution: Magnets are used in the lower headgear straps and the frame of the AirFit N20. Ensure the headgear and frame is kept at least 2" (50 mm) away from any active medical implant (e.g., pacemaker or defibrillator) to avoid possible effects from localized magnetic fields. The magnetic field strength is less than 400 mt.
|HCPCS Code||A7034, A7035|
INCLUDED WITH ITEM
Frame System (63554)
Headgear (63558) Standard
No customer reviews for now. Be the first to share your thoughts with other customers.
Have a question on this item? Ask here and we will answer it in 12-24 hours, usually in a few business hours! Questions and answers will appear here after we answer. You may also have email notifications.