Airfit N10 Nasal Mask - ResMed
The ResMed Airfit N10 nasal CPAP mask belongs to the AirFit line of ResMed products. This mask is a compact nasal mask designed to be simple, intuitive, and comfortable. Its triangular SpringAir cushion encases your nose, resting on your upper lip below your nostrils and on the bridge of your nose. With only three parts, the cushy nasal mask comes apart and goes back together smoothly. Many users describe the Airfit N10 as the softest, most gentle mask they have ever used, and provides maximum comfort.
- SpringAir Cushion
- SoftEdge Headgear
- Under the Eye Frame
Soft, springy, and secure
The SpringAir cushion has a dual wall to provide a cushy, extra-smooth interface around your nose and on your face. The Spring Air cushion attaches easily to the frame with a quick click. The headgear has rolled edges to keep the feel of the fabric smooth against your skin. In addition to this, the soft edge headgear features slimmed-down straps resulting in more comfort and fewer facial marks. Soft sleeves are available separately if you want an even softer feel against your cheeks. The headgear attaches to the frame with key clip self-aligning magnets and is also self-aligning so getting it positioned adequately is hassle-free.
The sleek under-the-eye frame keeps your line of sight unobstructed. The compact frame design means your face has plenty of room for glasses, and you can also watch TV or read as you get ready for bed.
Many masks have numerous tiny parts like elbows and connectors to clean and keep track of. The AirFit N10 has these essential small parts molded directly into the frame. The entire mask comes apart into just three pieces (cushion, frame, and headgear), so cleaning and assembly are simple intuitive tasks. A FlexTube built into the frame stretches and bends 360 degrees, rendering leaks after repositioning a non-issue. Circular diffused venting holes are also crafted into the center of the frame to direct exhaled air quietly away from you and your sleep partner.
The lightweight and flexible AirFit N10 is a nasal mask for most people but might be an excellent choice for you if:
- Facial comfort is important to you.
- You like to wear glasses, read, or watch TV after you put your CPAP mask on.
- You want fewer parts to keep up with.
- You breathe mostly through your nose.
Sizing and fitting
Selecting the right size mask and headgear is critical to your comfort and satisfaction with any sleep apnea mask.
The best size cushion for you surrounds your nose, instead of resting on it. The Airfit N10 cushions are available in three sizes (small, standard, and wide). Select a cushion size that sits on your upper lip without occluding your mouth or your nostrils. The tip of the triangular cushion should be just above the tip of the nose and not near or in your eyes.
Please print out the available size guide and place it under your nose to determine the best size for you.
- Orient the headgear so that the ResMed logo is facing out.
- Disconnect the lower straps and hold the cushion over your nose.
- Slide the headgear up and over your head.
- Bring the lower strips under the ears and attach them with the magnetic clips to the frame.
- Adjust the upper straps first, tightening them until the mask sits comfortably under the nose.
- Adjust the lower straps next, tightening them until the mask feels stable.
- Connect to your CPAP machine and turn it on.
- Make additional small adjustments to the cushion and headgear to remove any creases or twists.
- Leaks often resolve by merely reseating the mask. To reseat the mask, lift it gently off your face then lower it back down onto your face.
- Prevent cushion creases by always starting with the mask held in the proper position against your nose. If the cushion slides down during fitting, it may crimp in places, creating gaps that cause leaks. To resolve creases, remove the mask entirely and start the fitting process over.
- Clean the cushion. Dirt, oil, and makeup can hinder the cushion from forming the best seal.
- Over-tightening headgear can make leaks worse, cause discomfort, red marks, and skin irritation. The upper straps on the AIrfit N10 are the key to the seal. The lower straps should require minimal tension to stabilize the mask.
- Consider changing the sizes of the cushions or headgear if you need to tighten the headgear excessively.
Adjusting for noise:
- Check for leaks.
- Check the diffusion ports at the center of the frame. Clean with a soft bristle brush.
- Check for proper mask assembly.
Cleaning and maintenance:
Recommended cleaning frequency:
- Daily: cushion and frame
- Weekly: headgear
- Wash in warm soapy water using a mild dish soap.
- If the circular vents require cleaning, use a soft bristle brush.
- Rinse in fresh water.
- All parts should be air-dried out of direct sunlight.
Important: Do not clean with products containing alcohol, scents, antibacterial agents, antiseptics, bleach, chlorine, or moisturizers. Do not soak any parts for more than 10 minutes.
In the package
- SoftEdge headgear
- SpringAir CPAP cushion
- Mask assembly kit (frame)
- CPAP mask cushion
- Mask assembly kit (frame) R
- Cushion: Silicone Rubber
- Cushion Clip: Polyamide
- Headgear (fabric components): Nylon; Lycra
- Headgear (foam components): Polyurethane Foam
- Headgear Clip Body: Polyamide
- Magnet: Ceramic
- Frame Body: Polyamide
- Short Tube: Thermoplastic Polyester Elastomer (TPE)
- Swivel: Polyamide
- Swivel Adapter: Polypropylene
- Soft Wrap: Nylon; Lycra
Caution: Magnets used in this mask are within ICNIRP guidelines for general public use. Some active medical implants—such as a pacemaker or defibrillators—may be affected by localized magnetic fields. The magnetic clips in this mask should be kept at least 2 inches. (50 mm) away from any active medical implant.
|Model||63200, 63202, 63229|
|HCPCS Code||A7034 (frame) + A7035 (headgear)|
Have a question on this item? Ask here and we will answer it in 12-24 hours, usually in a few business hours! Questions and answers will appear here after we answer. You may also have email notifications.