Eson 2 Mask for Nasal CPAP – Fisher Paykel
The Eson 2 nasal CPAP mask is a traditionally shaped nasal mask for sleep therapy. Its triangular silicone cushion sits near the bridge of your nose and just above your upper lip. Comfort, performance, and ease of use were the design drivers for the Fisher Paykel development team. The Eson 2 is loaded with twenty design improvements over the original Eson mask. The Eson 2 strives to meet the needs of patients and clinicians at all stages of the journey to successful sleep therapy treatment.Features
- Easy to learn to use
- Automatic leak correction with RollFit
Blue color cues placed at crucial places on the mask and headgear orient you to the device. The color cues help you feel confident in using your mask. These VisiBLue highlights make the Eson 2 easy to put on, take apart, and reassemble. The VisiBLue highlights on the forehead strap aid you in rapidly orienting the headgear. You will not wonder if it is backward, inside out or upside down. The VisiBlue highlights are also coated onto crucial parts of the mask to make it readily apparent where to disconnect and reconnect for assembly and cleaning.
RollFit seal automatically corrects leaks
RollFit technology built into the mask’s cushion gently rocks the mask back and forth at the bridge of the nose as you move. By automatically adapting the angle of the mask, the RollFit design seals any significant gaps and reduces pressure on the bridge of the nose. The adaptable and effective engineering of RollFit minimizes the need to overtighten headgear which can cause skin breakdown and discomfort.
The Eson2 has a washable, durable diffuser located on the mask’s elbow. The diffuser helps reduce noise and drafts to make CPAP use more friendly to you and your bed partner. The small gray diffuser is made of a fibrous fabric and is eco-friendly thanks to its reusability.
Intuitive headgear with a slimmer frame
The Eson 2 headgear allows for a variety of fitting options. Most notably, you can stretch the headgear over the top of the head and put the mask on in one piece without connecting any clips. The headgear can also be put on using a traditional clip fitting method with improved clip ergonomics to attach to the frame if you prefer. Four points of connection to the frame allow for personalized adjustment. One strap goes across the forehead and a second thin grey strap crosses over the top of the head to provide added stability and prevent mask shifting while you move. The Eson 2 also employs a more lightweight frame than the original Eson mask. The slimmer frame provides you with a broader line of sight. The frame also fits all available cushion sizes. Finally, the elbow connection to your CPAP hose rotates 360 degrees, allowing both you and the CPAP tubing to move comfortably into more positions.
- You like the stable performance of a traditional nasal mask.
- You value comfort and ease of use.
- You primarily breathe through your nose.
Fitting and adjusting
Selecting the right size mask and headgear is critical to your comfort and satisfaction with any sleep apnea mask.
The best size cushion for the Eson 2 mask for you rests around your nose and not on it. The Eson 2 silicone seals (cushions) are available in three sizes (small, medium, and large).
- Select a cushion size that sits on your upper lip without occluding your mouth or your nostrils.
- The tip of the triangular cushion should be just above the tip of the nose and not near or in your eyes.
The forehead strap on the headgear should cross the forehead horizontally and sit just above your ears. Adjust the forehead strap using the grey crown strap that crosses the top of the head.
A FitPack is available with three different sizes of the silicone cushions (S, M, L). The FitPack contains the standard M/L size headgear. A smaller headgear is available with the Small Eson 2 package that includes only the small cushion.
- Clip the headgear to the frame.
- With the mask frame pointing down, hold open the headgear straps.
- Guide the headgear over your head until the silicone seal (cushion) is sitting on your forehead.
- Place both hands on the mask frame and pull OUT and DOWN until the silicone seal is over your nose.
- Adjust the blue forehead straps first then the bottom gray straps.
- The blue forehead strap should be just above your ears. The gray crown strap can be adjusted to get the forehead strap in a better position just above your ears.
- Many times leaks resolve by reseating the mask. To reseat the mask, lift it gently off your face then lower it back down onto your face. •
- Overtightening headgear can make leaks worse, cause discomfort, red marks, and skin irritation. •
- Consider changing sizes of the cushions or headgear if you need to tighten the headgear excessively
Cleaning and maintenance:Recommended cleaning frequency:
- Daily: cushion and frame •
- Weekly: headgear
- Wash in warm soapy water using a mild dish soap 2.
- Rinse in fresh water 3.
- All parts should be air dried out of direct sunlight
Important: Do not clean with products containing alcohol, scents, antibacterial agents, antiseptics, bleach, chlorine, or moisturizers. Do not soak any parts more than 10 minutes
In the package:
- Headgear with connecting clips
- Silicone seal (cushion)
- Swivel & Elbow
The mask can be ordered with either a single size cushion (S, M, L) or as a FitPack. The FitPack contains three sizes of cushions (S, M, L). M/L headgear is included with the FitPack and when ordering the mask with medium or large cushions. The small mask comes with small headgear.
Accessories and replacement parts:
- Eson 2 mask diffuser
- Eson 2 nasal CPAP headgear
- Eson 2 CPAP mask seal (S, M, L)
- Swivel for Eson 2 and Brevida masks
- Elbow for Eson 2
- Frame: Polycarbonate
- Elbow: Polycarbonate
- Swivel and Seal: Polycarbonate Silicone
- Headgear: Lycra / Polyurethane Foam Laminate
- Headgear Clips: Acetal Diffuser: Polycarbonate / Polyester Fiber
|Model||ESN2SA, ESN2MA, ESN2LA, ESN2SML|
|HCPCS Code||A7034 A7035|
Have a question on this item? Ask here and we will answer it in 12-24 hours, usually in a few business hours! Questions and answers will appear here after we answer. You may also have email notifications.