DreamPort Sleep Solution for Nasal CPAP – Bleep
The Bleep DreamPort CPAP solution is an inspired and ingenious take on the delivery of nasal CPAP. The FDA approved DreamPort CPAP device banishes the mask. Disposable nasal ports are secured with hypoallergenic, surgical tape to the base of the nostrils. The DreamPort was invented by a registered polysomnographic technician who has worn CPAP himself for over 20 years. He set out to design a more straightforward, less cumbersome CPAP device that would entice people diagnosed with sleep apnea to stick with their CPAP therapy.
- One size fits all
- Ultra minimalist design
- Fresh ports nightly
Mask Free sleep solution
The DreamPort does not use headgear, straps, or a frame of any type. Nasal ports are taped with skin-friendly adhesive strips to the base of the nostril each night. The ports functionally extend the nostrils but do not enter the nostrils like nasal pillows. The adhesive seals the leaks with a customized seal to your face. The two DreamPorts click onto the DreamWay swivel connector which attaches via a universal tubing connection to the hose from your CPAP machine. You can sleep comfortably in any position without making any adjustments to the interface during the night. Since it weighs half that of nasal pillows, the ultra-minimalist DreamPort sleep solution is compact, portable, and lightweight, so falling asleep with it on is a breeze. The DreamPort also makes traveling with CPAP easier than ever.
Fits without fitting
The DreamPort device is one size fits all. There is no headgear to adjust or mask cushion size to select. No headgear means there are no marks from straps on your face in the morning. The hypoallergenic adhesive holds the port securely all night long and seals out leaks. Facial hair can get in the way of a good fit with regular CPAP masks but is not a barrier to success with the DreamPort device.
Disposable and recyclable
You use two DreamPorts each night (one for each nostril) and dispose of them in the morning. The DreamPorts are recyclable, making them environmentally friendly. Each box contains sixteen DreamPorts. The DreamWay tubing with the quick release socket connector is the only part that requires cleaning.
The DreamPort solution works well for almost all people with obstructive sleep apnea, but it may be an excellent solution for you if:
- Claustrophobia has interfered with your willingness to use CPAP in the past.
- You have struggled to get a good seal with a mask due to facial hair.
- You value portability.
- You want to be able to sleep in any position.
- You prefer as little on your face as possible.
- You want to wear glasses, read or watch TV before going to sleep.
- Your ordered pressure settings are between 4-20.
- You breathe mostly through your nose at night.
- You do not have allergies to medical adhesive tape.
Applying the DreamPort
Since the DreamPort is one size fits all, sizing is obsolete and accurate setup requires following only a few essential steps.
- Prep. Clean your nose and the area around the nose. Remove oil, makeup, and dirt to allow the adhesive to fit most securely. Use a mild astringent like alcohol or witch hazel. DreamWipes are also available for purchase and are ideal for this crucial first step.
- Dry. Pat the area completely dry before proceeding.
- Apply. Peel the adhesive backing off one DreamPort adhesive adapter. While looking in a mirror, tilt your head back and place the DreamPort under one nostril so that the DreamPort becomes an extension of your nostril. Use your finger to secure the adhesive where your nostril and the DreamPort come together. Smooth out any gaps or bubbles around your nose and nostril.
- Repeat for the second nostril.
- Smooth the adhesive where the two DreamPorts overlap so there is a tight seal from the adhesive.
- Check airflow. The DreamPort should NOT block airflow through your nostrils. Breathe in through your nose and verify that you feel air passing through both nostrils. If you do not feel airflow, remove the DreamPort, and apply a new one. Connect each quick-release socket on the DreamWay tubing interface to each DreamPort. A CLICK indicates it is fully connected.
- Attach your CPAP hose to the universal connector on the DreamWay tubing.
Do NOT reapply a removed DreamPort as the adhesive will not fully function.
Tip: Trim the adhesive before peeling off the backing to better fit smaller faces. Pieces of trimmed adhesive can also be used to help seal the DreamPort adapters in the area of overlap.
Removing the DreamPort
- Use a mirror.
- Pinch the tabs at the rim of the quick release sockets to disconnect from the DreamPorts from the DreamWay unit. Gently pull the adhesive down at the upper edges. Always pull the DreamPorts off at the bottom of the nose.
- Recycle the plastic DreamPorts.
- Throw away the adhesive.
The DreamWay Interface, which includes the quick-release sockets and the universal connecting tube, is the only part of the DreamPart solution that requires cleaning. It should be cleaned daily and replaced every 90 days.
Do not use boiling water, the dishwasher, or soap products with antibacterial agents, antiseptics, moisturizers, scents, alcohol or chlorine bleach.
- Agitate the DreamWay unit for 20-30 seconds in lukewarm water with a scent-free, moisturizer free mild soap.
- Soak the DreamWay unit for 10 minutes.
- Rinse in fresh water.
- Air dry but avoid direct sunlight.
In the package:
- 1 DreamWay Interface (quick release Sockets with the universal connecting tube)
- 1 box of 16 disposable DreamPorts with adhesive
Available Accessories or Replacement Parts
- DreamPrep wipes
- Disposable DreamPorts with adhesive
Set up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=210&v=wegZtUwcp4I
Customization: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhr63PFA310 CPAP
Tube management: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=8&v=LmW3FeyTK1Y
INCLUDED WITH ITEM
- 1 DreamPort Box - lasts 16 nights
- 9-inch connecting tube with swivel
- Instructions Booklet