Apex Medical Wizard 320 Full Face Mask
The Wizard 320 from Apex Medical is a full-face mask with a traditional triangular-shaped cushion that sits on the bridge of the nose and rests below the lower lip. A flexible, ergonomic frame with flat, soft forehead support sets the Wizard 320 apart from many other full-face masks. The frame combines with breathable headgear and a contoured cushion engineered to redistribute pressure to create a full face mask that is both comfortable and stable. Air vents angled at 45-degrees are built into the cushion to quiet the mask and direct airflow away from you and your partner. A safety valve built into the mask opens to allow outside air entry should airflow stop from the CPAP machine.
- Contour fitting cushion
- Flexible frame
- Rapid assembly and connection
Soft and flexible fit
The Wizard 320 has a flexible frame that rests flat against the forehead. Most full-face masks employ a silicone or gel forehead pad to stabilize the mask. By removing the forehead pad, the Wizard 320 eliminates a typical spot for red marks. The ergonomic frame flexes with facial movements and conforms to facial contours. Soft, breathable headgear rests flat against the back of the head while side straps run above and below the ears. The headgear works in tandem with the frame to keep the mask in place while you enjoy a comfortable and relaxed night of sound sleep.
Engineered to redistribute pressure
The full face cushion has been engineered to redistribute pressure at multiple spots along the curve of the mask. The cushion is thinner at the bridge of the nose where skin irritation is common but stiffer and denser at the sides. The compact side supports lend stability and ensure seal. The contour-fitting cushion reduces leaks and skin irritation by providing facial support individualized to the user.
Quiet, safe, and elegant
Elegantly constructed with only three primary parts (cushion, headgear, and frame), the Wizard 320 dispels the notion that full face masks need to be bulky and complicated. Advanced air-guiding vents dot the face cushion, reducing noise and sending exhaled airflow away from the CPAP user and the bed partner. The cushion snaps readily into the flexible frame, so re-assembly after daily cleaning is effortless. A quick-release connection on the front of the mask allows rapid disconnection without removing the headgear. A valve opens to entrain ambient air should the CPAP or BIPAP machine unexpectedly stop working, so you can feel safe despite having both the nose and mouth covered.
Sizing and Fitting
The Wizard 320 full-face mask is available with either a small, medium or large cushion. The flexible frame is one size that fits most. A sizing guide for the Wizard 320 is available here.
An appropriately sized full-face mask should rest on or above the bridge of your nose and sit under your lower lip. The cushion should not touch the eyes, lips, or corners of the mouth. It should rest at the sides of the nose, but not on the nose except at the nasal bridge.
The flat forehead strap on the flexible frame and headgear should cross the middle of the forehead. The bottom of the headgear should sit below your ears and across the back of the head just above the neck. The top forehead strap should sit midway between the ears and the top of the head.
- Clip the headgear to the frame on one side.
- Hold the cushion against the lower lip and roll it gently up over the nose.
- Lift the headgear over your head with the other hand.
- Clip the headgear to the frame on the open side.
- Adjust the headgear straps as needed for a gentle, stable mask fit.
- Gently lift the mask away from your face with the headgear in place, then lower it back down to smooth out wrinkles in the cushion.
- Gently tighten the lower straps to resolve leaks near the mouth.
- Gently tighten the upper straps to resolve leaks around the nose.
- Wash the frame and cushion. Facial oils, dirt, and makeup can prevent a stable fit.
- Consider changing the sizes of the cushions or headgear if you need to tighten the headgear excessively.
Cleaning and Maintenance
Daily: cushion and frame with connecting tube
- Remove the headgear and cushion from the frame.
- Wash in warm soapy water using a mild soap or diluted dishwashing detergent.
- Use a soft bristle brush to clean the air vents on the cushion.
- Rinse in fresh water. Air-dry out of direct sunlight.
Important: Do not clean with products containing alcohol, scents, antibacterial agents, antiseptics, bleach, chlorine, or moisturizers.
- Frame: Thermoplastic ester elastomer (TPEE)
- Cushion: Silicone mounted on polycarbonate
- Elbow diaphragm: Silicone rubber
- Elbow: Polycarbonate
- Port cap: Silicone rubber
- Swivel hose: Polycarbonate
- Headgear strap: Polyurethane Foam/Nylon/Neoprene
- Headgear clips: Acetol
- Tubing connector: Polypropylene
- Quick-release button: Acetal
Operating Range 4 to 40 cmH20
How do I know which way to insert the cushion into the frame?
A triangle on the mask aligns with the insertion point on the frame to make the mask-to-frame connection intuitively easy.
I received the Wizard 320 from my home health provider, but now I need to replace the cushion. How can I determine which size I have?
The size is stamped on the bottom of the mask cushion
Final CPAPMan Comments
The Wizard 320 does away with the bulky forehead pad so common in full-face masks, yet it retains a good seal thanks to the headgear and innovative bendable frame. The Wizard 320’s frame does retain a stabilizing bar that extends up between the eyes, so if claustrophobia is a concern, this may not be the first choice in full-face masks. The Wizard 320 is rated for pressures up to 40 cm H20 and is definitely designed for the user who needs substantial CPAP and BIPAP therapy. Find out if the innovative Apex Wizard 320 is the right choice for your full-face mask needs by ordering one from CPAPMan!
|Model||SM08001, SM08002, SM08003|
|Pressure Range||4-40 cm H20|
INCLUDED WITH ITEM
- Apex Wizard 320 Headgear with Connecting Clips
- Apex Wizard 320 Full Face Cushion (small, medium, or large)
- Apex Wizard 320 Flexible Frame
No customer reviews for now. Be the first to share your thoughts with other customers.
Have a question on this item? Ask here and we will answer it in 12-24 hours, usually in a few business hours! Questions and answers will appear here after we answer. You may also have email notifications.