SoClean CPAP Cleaning & Sanitizing Machine
A dirty CPAP machine can have negative effects on your sleep apnea therapy as well as the lifespan of your equipment. Keep yourself and your sleep apnea equipment healthy by cleaning your CPAP machine daily with the SoClean CPAP sanitizer and cleaner. This sanitizing machine can clean all parts of your CPAP equipment. We recommend you pay special attention to the pieces that are most likely to pick up bacteria — the mask, tube and humidifier water chamber. This CPAP cleaner using pure oxygen, so the process is completely liquid- and chemical-free. An adapter is required to clean ClimateLine tubing with a ResMed S9, heated tubing for the Fisher and Paykel Icon, System One 60 Series heated tubing and heated tubing for the Fisher and Paykel 600 Series CPAP machines.
- Easily cleans mask, tube and humidifier water chamber
- Compatible with any CPAP mask (certain manufacturers require heating tube adapters)
- Cleans 99.9 percent of bacteria and germs
- Sanitizes using oxygen, chemical-free
- Why do I smell ozone in my mask at night when the unit ran in the morning?
- The ordor is not ozone; the equipment is being oxidized with activated oxygen, and that is what you smell. It is completely safe. To lessen the smell, make sure you use the neutralizing pre-wash; increase the cleaning time for 11 minutes for a few weeks, then decrease to 7 minutes; blow air from your CPAP through your mask for 5 minutes before using; and do not use fragrance wipes or any fragrance products to clean your CPAP device, as this will intensify the smell.
- There is a strong odor after using my SoClean.
- First time using the Soclean you will experience a strong ordor. This is the byproduct of the oxidation with activated oxygen of the old materials that may have been used to clean your CPAP equipment in the past, such as vinegar or scented soaps. It may also occur when a new piece of CPAP is introduced to the Soclean for the first time. The ordor will decrease with time. You may increase the cleaning time to 11 minutes for a few weeks and then decrease the time back to 7 minutes. You may run your CPAP for 10 minutes befor using.
- Why does it look like my mask is yellowing?
- Clear or yellowish residue is usually just built-up facial oils. The SoClean will oxidize/sanitize any organic residue on the mask, but an inert (and sometimes yellowish colored) material residue will be left behind. Wash the mask out well with the pre-wash or with fragrance-free dish soap. This is the most common cause of yellowing. It may seem as if the plastic is yellowing, but the yellow color may be caused by a fine film of facial oil residue.