Fisher & Paykel SleepStyle Auto CPAP Machine
The SleepStyle AutoPAP machine from Fisher & Paykel delivers first-class therapy for obstructive sleep apnea with a simple to use design that received an ease of use commendation from the American Arthritis Foundation. The state of the art SleepStyle employs Fisher & Paykel’s auto CPAP sleep algorithm to monitor your breathing while ramping up and down the pressure levels to reduce and eliminate obstructive sleep events all night long. The SleepStyle includes a variety of comfort setting options such as a timed pressure ramp, three levels of expiratory relief, and ThermoSmart heated humidification. The SleepStyle’s SensAwake technology detects nighttime arousals and ramps down the pressure to support you in falling gently back to sleep. Weighing in at only 3.7 pounds, including the onboard humidifier, the SleepStyle looks good on your bedside table and packs up easily for travel. Bluetooth connectivity comes standard, and the machine delivers summary reports to your SleepStyle app after each use. A USB port enables efficient data capture for sharing with your healthcare providers.
- Auto-adjusting CPAP therapy
- Pressure ramp, expiratory relief, and pressure tapering during sleep arousal
- Integrated humidifier with optional heated tubing
- Bluetooth connectivity
- USB data capture
Stylish, compact, yet easy to use
With a sleek, shiny black exterior, the SleepStyle Auto looks great in the bedroom. A large start/stop button dominates the center of the front panel. Turning therapy on or off requires nothing more than pressing that one accessible button. Lift the lid on the stylish SleepStyle to access the integrated humidifier. The humidifier is simple to clean and fill, a reminder of why the SleepStyle has won commendation from the American Arthritis Foundation for its ease of use. Finger holds on the water chamber aid removal, and a tabbed corner permits easy opening. Just press down at the finger holds to seal the chamber up after filling. The SleepStyle is sized right for travel and even comes with a travel bag.
Attuned to your every breath
The SleepStyle uses Fisher and Paykel’s auto CPAP algorithm to monitor your breathing for flow obstruction events that indicate a need to elevate delivered pressure. The responsive SleepStyle reacts in the moment to eliminate events as they occur. Numerous comfort features are loaded into the SleepStyle to help you fall asleep and stay asleep while wearing your sleep therapy mask. A pressure ramp timer gradually increases the delivered pressure over 20 minutes when the machine is first turned on to allow you to drift off to sleep without higher flows or pressures. Three degrees of expiratory relief are available to reduce pressure during exhalation by as much as three cmH20. Fisher & Paykel have also added in SensAwake technology that detects nighttime arousals. SensAwake automatically reduces pressures during this phase of sleep so that you return to deeper sleep without waking up fully, bothered by the pressures. The SleepStyle comes with built-in humidification with seven levels of settings. Hook the optional AirSpiral heated tube to the SleepStyle to tap into the warmth and comfort of temperature-controlled heated humidification that adjusts temperature and water vapor levels to automatically reduce condensation regardless of the temperature in the room.
Delivers confidence in your therapy’s efficacy
The SleepStyle collects and provides information about your sleep every time it is in use. The SleepStyle delivers data after each use about your mask leak, Apnea-Hypopnea Index (AHI) and your therapy hours to the integrated SleepStyle app. The InfoUSB application saves advanced data to a USB stick for integration with the SleepStyle app and website as well as your provider. Your clinical team will get detailed data regarding your sleep flow patterns including alerts for central apnea and respiratory arousal events.
Set-Up and Maintenance
- Place the machine on a sturdy surface within easy reach of the power outlet.
- Place the machine below head height to prevent it from falling over onto the user.
- Routine maintenance and cleaning are critical contributors to successful sleep therapy and satisfaction with the device.
- Distilled water should be used with humidifiers both to reduce bacterial growth and to prevent mineral deposits in the equipment.
- The air filter should be replaced at least every three months.
- Replace it sooner than three months should it become blocked.
- Daily: water chamber, chamber seal, and breathing tube
- Weekly: outlet seal, elbow, device exterior
Note: the device itself must NEVER be submerged in water
- Unplug the machine.
- Dampen a cloth with warm soapy water.
- Wipe the exterior and chamber housing.
- Allow to air dry.
Part cleaning (water chamber, chamber seal, breathing tube, outlet seal, elbow)
- Hand wash in warm water with a mild dish soap.
- Rinse thoroughly with clean water.
- Air dry only away from direct sunlight.
- Hang the tubing with both ends pointing toward the ground while drying.
- Dishwasher option: The water chamber, outlet seal, and chamber seal can be washed in the top rack of the dishwasher up to every seven days.
I have a heated wire circuit. Do I need to use the included elbow?
No. The elbow included with the machine allows you to connect a standard circuit to the device. When using the Fisher & Paykel ThermoSmart tubing, you will not need the elbow adaptor. Store it somewhere for future use.
What if I find out that I need fixed level CPAP instead of AutoPAP?
Certainly, there are some circumstances where some people benefit most from fixed level CPAP. Fortunately, the SleepStyle can do both. The SleepStyle retains many of the comfort setting options in fixed level CPAP mode that are available in auto PAP.
The pressure is fluctuating and does not feel adequate?
Check these three things:
- Is the mask leaking?
- Is there water in the tubing?
- Are the outlet seal and chamber seal on properly, and is the lid tightly closed?
Final CPAPMan Comments
There is much to like about the SleepStyle auto CPAP machine from Fisher & Paykel. A large start/stop button, finger holds in the water chamber, and the choice of USB storage instead of a tiny SD card point to Fisher and Paykel’s considerable attention to accessibility and ease of use in the design of the SleepStyle. Humidification really mitigates some side effects of CPAP therapy, so the integrated humidifier is a win for the SleepStyle. The SensAwake feature that works to keep the user comfortable by reducing pressure when they are stirring in their sleep is somewhat unique to auto PAPs in this generation of devices. Purchase the SleepStyle from CPAPMan if you are ready for something fresh and new for your auto PAP therapy!
- F&P SleepStyle Auto CPAP with built-in humidifier
- ThermoSmart heated Tubing
- Power Cord
- Water Chamber
- Chamber Seal
- Outlet Seal
- InfoUSB (already in InfoUSB port)
- Filter (inserted)
- Spare Filter
- Spared Elbow (for use with a standard tubing)
- Carry Bag
- Use and Care Guide
- SleepStyle Quick Reference guide